Are you looking for the Best Comfortable Office Chairs ? Well, your search ends right here because you found it. If most of your time is spent seated in front of a computer in an office chair like mine, then you are aware of the significance of having a comfortable office chair. If you want to significantly limit that fatigue, headaches and eye strain that come after long usage of computers, it is very essential that you be able to sit in the best office chair and at an appropriate height that will ensure your shoulders are relaxed when typing. I have had experience using different types of office chairs in my long career as a full time blogger.
Many of these office chairs that I regarded high end turned up to disappoint me, others were more than horrible while a few of them have been very impressive with most comfortable office chair. In this post, I am going to review 5 different types of office chairs that I have personally used and as such, I believe this is going to be a giant step towards helping you discover the best office chairs to choose in order to achieve maximum satisfaction.
Top 5 Most Comfortable Office Chair in 2016
Going for the office chair in the current market that is flooded with numerous office chairs from different manufacturers can be a very difficult task. You can easily buy the cheapest in the market, only to later find out that your back is not thankful for that present; or still you can easily spend thousands of dollars on a chair with features that are in excess of what you actually need. You can go for an ergonomic best or go for one that offers the best bang for your money. The top 5 most comfortable office chairs that are reviewed in this post are:
#1. Space Seating Professional Air Grid Chair: The All Round Performer for Home and Office Seating
The SPACE Seating Professional Air Grid chair is a good choice for most office setups. Among the numerous desk chairs available at present, this one having an eco leather padded seat allows comfortable seating. The makers of this wonderful office chair has added the ‘pneumatic seat height adjustment’ quality so that a person opting for a low back can have it his or her way, opposed to someone seeking for high back. The 2-to-1 synchro tilt control, which can be adjusted, is truly a special feature.
Also the AirGrid mesh dark back is the primary aspect allowing complete relaxation. In much the same way, the sides are in mesh as well so that users are guaranteed proper air circulation. Made of soft PU pads, the height of these angled arms can be fine-tuned too.
Most workplaces take to this chair for its nylon base and the dual wheels or casters. The latter are oversized, but those actually allow easy and free movement across workstations.
#2. Flash Furniture High Back Black Leather Executive Office Chair with Triple Paddle Control
Flash Furniture is certainly a name to reckon with in the office furnishings and fixtures department. This office executive chair in black leather is sheer finesse. With a high back swivel, users can enjoy a comfortable seating. Made in soft leather, polyurethane and the special CA117 fire retardant foam material adds to the ultra-soft and durable seating. The back tilt position and lock paddle control ensures total relaxation. Besides, the pneumatic seat height adjustment and the padded armrests in nylon speak volumes about how an executive chair can offer the feel of convenience amidst countless work pressures.
The triple paddle control feature explains how the height of the chair can be adjusted and locked and tilted as and when required. The base is in nylon and made with rigid end caps. There are dual wheel casters attached to the bottom of the chair providing ease in movement and travelling across work areas.
As much as an executive one, this chair is no less than an ergonomic option.
#3. Ergonomic Leather Office Executive Chair Computer Hydraulic 04
Keeping in mind that considerable time of the day is spent in the workplace, BestOffice has come up with an innovative executive chair in ergonomic form. The pure soft PU leather chair is extremely comfortable and durable, when compared to many others in the same league. Despite restricting its weight to not more than 250 lbs, the unit is sturdy.
With comfortable arm rests, adjustable height from 19” to 23” and back size 20” (width) x 23” (height) coupled with ‘executive styling’ and lumbar support, the chair is one of the finest that the company boasts. The 360 degrees swivel is another attractive feature. Besides, the heavy duty base and the wheels or casters support the chair quite well.
The chair stands out in comparison to others for an innovative pneumatic gas lift aiding in instant height adjustment.
#4. LexMod Edge Office Chair with Mesh Back and Black Leatherette Seat
For a modern ergonomic chair, turning to a mesh one is the perfect choice. The LexMod Edge office chairhaving a back made of mesh contains perforations to allow breath-ability. The chair has a sponge seat with the cover made of pure leather, in addition to a durable PP plastic. For those sitting on it, the plush seating composed of vinyl and cushioned well, helps them work for prolonged hours, especially those late nights at office! It’s amazing to feel the sponge as it contours around the entire body.
The flip up armrests means that there’s no trouble keeping one’s hands on them. They are padded and super-soft. Besides, the seat height lever can be adjusted to the desired position via the pneumatic lift. Once seated, the easy-to-use seat and the tension control knob are exceptional for locking the back position of the body. In other words, the body weight is adjusted well and that’s exactly what makes this chair a versatile one.
A good blend of old world charm and top-rated ergonomics makes this chair one of the best in offices.
#5. AmazonBasics Mid-Back Office Chair: A Fusion of Ergonomic Science and Comfort at an Affordable Price
Sensible and stylish, the mid-back office chair from AmazonBasics is a popular pick for those keen to work from home or at-work space. Not only does the chair look modern and refined, there is a professional touch that makes it suitable to use across workplaces.
Backed by a one-year warranty, the chair looks luxuriant in pure leather. The padded seat, back and arm rests are all made such that they scream total comfort. Once a person is seated, this ergonomic make has smooth contours surrounding the entire body and ensuring total relaxation.
The pneumatic controls are made that they help raise or lower the seat or simply remain firm and straight. This adjustable office chair supports convenient tilting, as the control handle and the tilt-tension knob under the chair prevents it from falling or causing problems for users.
Not to forget the smooth dual-wheel casters guaranteeing free mobility of the chair from one part of the office to the other.
Your Ultimate Buying Guide
Before you go and buy a chair for your office, it is essential that you have a list of factors that you consider as the appropriate indicators of the office chair. This is precisely a list of what to look for in a quality office chair.
1. Height Adjustability – a chair that has functionality for height adjustment can easily fit the use of any user as well as provide an appropriate leg elevation. For those who work long hour sited in one position this is a chair that will be comfortable for them. Appropriate elevation means that your legs can comfortably rest on the floor as well as move freely to allow maximum circulation that in turn helps maintain that ideal posture required for working long hours. Chairs with flexibility with respect to height ensure that anyone irrespective of their height can use the chair.
2. Chairs with Backrests and Headrests – an ideal office chair should have a comfortable backrest and headrest. This feature ensures that your back and head rest comfortably in order to eliminate the stress felt on the spine and neck. When buying a chair, choose a chair with comfortable back support and can be adjusted backward or forward without necessarily having to leave the chair. Furthermore, ensure that the backrest is tall enough to support the back and shoulders fully.
3. Armrests – You may feel you don’t need armrests; however, be informed that armrests provide an additional value with respect to comfort of the arms as they help eliminate the discomfort/uneasiness in your arms. For those who work on computers for long periods of time, the armrest will help reduce the strain exerted on your elbows and shoulders as you work. Prolonged strain is the main cause of aches and pains in the shoulders. Usually, different chairs come with different styles of armrests that are made from different materials as well. There are armrests made from vinyl, are very durable and are adjustable with ability to flip up and down while others are designed with padded or cushioned armrests that have been covered in thick fabric or faux leather to reduce straining of your arms during the long office hours. Ensure that your choice is dependent on your needs; working or playing needs.
4. Convenience – When comfortably seated, it means that you are experiencing the highest level of relaxation. This will help boost your performance especially in an office setting where you need good comfort while working at a desk. In addition, it also means that you are at ease even after long hours of seating in that chair. The most comfortable office chair are designed in an ergonomic fashion in order to accommodate the body with ease and without subjecting the body to any discomfort. Ideally, the chair’s depth should conform to the body and let the back of your body rest comfortably while at the same time not causing discomfort to your thighs.
5. Mobility – an office chair with the ability to swivel and is installed with casters (wheels) allows you to easily move around. Furthermore, this chair enables you to move backward, sideways and forward without scrapping your floors and or carpets. A good sturdy chair will not topple over as you move from one point to another.
6. Material Used and Style – crafting of office chairs is done from different materials and in various different styles as well as shapes to cater for the different tastes and needs of the versatile market. They can easily fit into any room without coming into contrast with the existing design. Some office chairs that can as well be used as computer gaming chairs are designed with padding of the highest quality foam and are covered in leather upholstery that features vinyl or padded armrests. Another style used in making these executive office chairs includes covering them in mesh that makes them more breathable than the previous model. Furthermore, ensure that you buy a chair that features sturdily built legs (usually five) to increase the chair’s stability during movement in the room. Be careful when choosing your office chair as there are other manufacturers of office chairs that design chairs that are big and very bulky. These chairs are further cushioned with ultra foam padding that are either upholstered or covered with a heavy fabric or leather.
7. Storage and Portability – Unless you have a large room that you want to help fill with a large office chair, I recommend that you choose a chair that minimizes the space used in the office as well as that used during storage when not in use. A suitable office chair should be lightweight and can easily be folded to allow easy movement around the room. However, you shouldn’t be afraid of bulkier looking chairs. They can look very heavy but in real sense are actually lightweight, easy to move as well as store in order to eliminate cluttering in the room
8. Budget – as expected, most comfortable office chair will not come on the cheap. However, these chairs are competitively priced and you can choose a model that suits your specific needs as well as budget. Don’t go for something that is well over priced, do your research and find something that is worth the money.
You should see more:
Types of office chairs
Here’s taking a sneak peek into the world of office chairs.
By far the most commonly used chair in offices; the basic design is what makes it ideal for use. There are wheels or casters attached at the base to facilitate easy movement. Besides, the swivel helps it rotate in all directions. Usually made of metal and well-padded seats, the chairs scream comfort! What makes it more appealing is that laymen can adjust the height according to their needs. While someone may prefer to have a low back, there can be others doing fine with a high back. Also, the availability in varied colors and cost-effectiveness adds to the popularity of them in office environments.
Not that these are restricted to offices, but many places store them just because they fit within a relatively smaller space. The fact that they can be stacked one on top of the other makes them a hit among many. Made of hard plastic or mixed wood and mounted on steel frames, these chairs can also be found in different colors. More than workers using them at their work spaces, cafeterias and canteens are popular zones to find these light weight chairs. Despite lacking wheels or casters, the hairs are fairly sturdy.
As the name implies, mesh chairs are perfect options for workers battling with oppressive heat and prolonged work hours. With the seat and the backrest made of pure mesh fabric, the sweaty feel disappears in no time. A tad expensive compared to others, mesh contain perforations that makes it akin to net. As a result, air circulation is supreme. Besides, the cushioned seats offer the necessary dose of relaxation. Unlike the same office chairs having thicker fabrics, this one is a sharp deviation best used before desktops. Staying cool and comfortable through the day makes a positive impact on the workflow as well!
Best identified as those meant for the ‘bosses’, these spell royalty. The similarity that executive chairs have with their task counterparts is the swivel, wheels or casters and the armrests. The latter with extra padding provides a better way of resting one’s tired arms. Also, the backrest is higher to the others, but thankfully can be adjusted as per one’s comfort level. Sitting on these chairs is pure delight, especially the extra padding that’s attached to the seat as much as the armrests. Top executives are fond of these leathered chairs, largely because of such add-ons! Now it makes sense why they are more lavish than the others.
Most people doing desk jobs report severe pain at their back, shoulders and other joints. Keeping the importance of maintaining the correct posture in mind, ergonomic chairs are so designed that maximum support at the back can be had. Even doctors recommend using such chairs for patients of back pain or diagnosed with spine issues. Few of these leather cushioned chairs come with a ‘built-in lumbar adjustment’ and a knob at the side that can be turned as per one’s wish. With adjustable settings meant to secure ideal height of the armrests, headrest and backrest, maintaining the right posture while working is now possible.
Favorites at boardroom meetings, conference chairs actually pep up the overall look of these rooms. Though they cannot be sat on for prolonged duration, yet the sleek look is a draw factor. Despite having a design that offers complete comfort, the lack of adjustment and mobility reduces its appeal when used in workstations. Meetings are shorter than regular work, so they fit the bill. These elegant looking chairs can be availed in a plethora of shades, which makes choosing the most befitting one a not so difficult job. Usually they are made of leather and mounted on steel legs.
The right chair brings positive vibes to working. A little research, creative planning and concern for workers are factors to assess before laying your hands on the best office chair and thereby enhance work efficiency.
Where to Buy the Best Office Chairs?
These comfortable office chairs can be found in a host of furniture and office supply shops. However, today’s technology gives it a different dimension where you can find these items on different online stores like Amazon. Here, you can compare different brands, prices and styles of office chairs as well as look at detailed technical descriptions of the products.
There are not many pieces of furniture out there that will carry specific impacts to your performance at work like quality ergonomic office chairs will. These chairs are an essential component of the whole working environment and they directly affect the ways in which our work is carried out. Furthermore, a great office chair with a sophisticated style can mean a lot with respect to interactions with your immediate environment or surroundings. This review represents a list of the top 5 best office chairs that any person spending long hours on a computer should think of when shopping for an office chair. They are executively styled to perfectly fit the office environment. Owning one of these comfortable office chairs is not a luxury, it is actually a necessity. If you need more productive office hours that are less straining, these office chairs are the best office chairs in the market that you can buy today. If you need to utilize your office time maximally while at the same time keeping your body healthy, you need a chair that improves your posture, promotes even circulation as well as provides you with a greater sense of stability. You need the office chair that will keep you going comfortably for these long working hours.